Parents interested in enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year are encouraged to attend a Parent Informational Meeting. Parent Informational Meeting dates will be at 6pm on the second Tuesday of the month in January, February and March.
New student lottery applications will be accepted beginning January 2nd, 2020 continuing through March 25th at 3:00pm. If there are more applications for a grade than there are seats available, a lottery will be held to fill vacant seats in the grade. After seats are filled, the drawing will continue to determine the order of a waiting list. Applications received after March 25th at 3:00pm will be considered if space is available or added to the waiting list if classes are full. Current year waiting lists dissolve when the next enrollment period begins.
The lottery will be April 7th in the elementary auditorium.
New this year, all current students at PCCS will be automatically enrolled for the 2020-2021 school year, unless you notify a registrar otherwise. Also new this year, siblings of currently enrolled students at PCCS who wish to apply for the sibling lottery should follow the steps below. We are using a new online platform called Lotterease. Please call a registrar if you do not have access to a computer so they can set up a time for you to use a school computer. You must enter all sibling applications into Lotterease by 3:00 pm on March 25th to be considered for the sibling lottery. Lotterease Instruction Guide with Screenshots
1) Click the red “Click here to Apply” button/link below. It is also on our school webpage at www.pccharter.org.
2) Once inside the Lotterease program, click on the “Registration” tab located on the left hand side of the screen.
3) Enter the parent’s basic demographic information on the “Registration” page. Click Submit. Save your account information so you can log back into your account at future dates.
4) Enter your student’s information again on the “Add Child” screen. The program will direct you to this screen following the previous step. Click Submit.
5) Select the grade level lottery to enter your child. This should be based on the grade you anticipate your child will be in the 2019-2020 school year. Click Submit. If you have additional children to enter into the sibling lottery, continue with the additional step below.
6) Make sure to click on the “Enrolled Sibling” box. The program defaults to a general lottery application otherwise.
7) If you have additional siblings click on the “Add Sibling” tab located on the left hand side of the screen for each additional child you need to enter into the sibling lottery.
WHAT SHOULD MY LOTTERY PREFERENCE GROUP BE?
Enrolled Sibling, Single Applicant – You already have one or more students who currently attend PCCS this school year and would like to enroll one new child for the next school year.
Single Applicant – You do not currently have any children who attend PCCS and have one child you would like to enroll at PCCS for the upcoming school year.
Applicant Sibling – You do not currently have any children who attend PCCS and have more than one child you would like to enroll at PCCS for the upcoming school year.
Enrolled Sibling, Applicant Sibling – You already have one or more students who currently attend PCCS this school year and would like to enroll more than one new child for the next year school year.
Applicant Sibling Twin, Primary Surname – You do not currently have any children who attend PCCS and you have twins you would like to enroll at PCCS for the upcoming school year. Twins are treated as one application and are listed under the primary surname.
Applications will still be accepted after the lottery. They will be placed on the waiting list as they are submitted. If you have any questions about student records or enrollment that this website can not answer, please feel free to call David Benfield at (704) 349-4640 x4650 or Connie Ravan at (704) 659-4808 x4317.
Admissions are open to all students of Gaston and surrounding counties in North Carolina and there is no tuition. Piedmont Community Charter School-CFA is non-sectarian and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, disability, or national origin. We make every effort to recruit students and teachers from all segments of our community, so that our school will reasonably reflect the ethnic diversity of the population of Gaston County.